Julie of the Wolves; Volume number 2
On Sale: 07/02/2019
Spend $49 and get FREE shipping on HC.com
illustrated by Wendell Minor
We'd love you to buy this book, and hope you find this page convenient in locating a place of purchase.
Select a Bookseller - Direct Link to Buy
The broadest selection of online bookstores. The links will take you to the Web site's homepage. From there you can navigate to the title you are interested in.
Interest-specific online venues will often provide a book buying opportunity. Click here for a list of interest-specific sites grouped by category.
If you are located outside the U.S., the best way to order online is to choose from the following bookstores listed by region and country.
- ALA Booklist Editors’ Choice
- American Bookseller Pick of the Lists
- IRA/CBC Teachers' Choice
- Library of Congress Children’s Books
- New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age
- New York Public Library's “One Hundred Titles for Reading and Sharing”
- Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies (NCSS/CBC)
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children (NSTA/CBC)
- Publishers Weekly Best Book
The acclaimed sequel to the beloved Newbery Medal-winning Julie of the Wolves
Julie's decision to return home to her people is not an easy one. But after many months in the wilderness, living in harmony with the wolves that saved her life, she knows the time has come.
But Julie is not prepared for all the changes that she finds. Her father has forsaken many of the old Eskimo traditions. He has given up his sled dogs for a snowmobile, and now looks after the musk oxen that serve as the village's income. He will do anything to protect them—even shoot any wolves that might threaten the herd.
Julie knows that, like her father, she must find a way to reconcile the old ways with the new. But how can she do that without putting her beloved wolves in danger?
Don't miss any of the books in Jean Craighead George's groundbreaking series: Julie of the Wolves, Julie, and Julie's Wolf Pack.
- ISBN: 9780062884312
- ISBN 10: 006288431X
- Imprint: Lasixmedication
- On Sale: 07/02/2019
- Trimsize: 5.13 in (w) x 7.63 in (h) x 0.51 in (d)
- Pages: 256
- List Price: 7.99 USD
- Ages: 8 to 12
- BISAC1: JUVENILE FICTION / Action & Adventure / Survival Stories
- BISAC2: JUVENILE FICTION / Animals / Wolves & Coyotes
- BISAC3: JUVENILE FICTION / Classics
- Lexile® Measure: 700L
“This is that rare thing, a sequel worth of its original.” - Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
“A strong and compelling adventure.” - The Horn Book